Monday, December 5, 2011

Photographs from a Sunday Afternoon - Location 1

I completed my chores for the weekend but only had a few hours of daylight to spend so I couldn't venture out very far from home. I decided to visit four places within 10-15 minutes of my home. Here is one of four spots I visited.


LOCATION 1: Green Lane Bridge (also known as Etters Bridge).
Etters Bridge


This bridge crosses the Yellow Breeches and allows entry to Green Lane Farm which you can tell was a farm converted to a housing development. This bridge is VERY busy for a one lane bridge.

Overview - Through truss bridge over Yellow Breeches Creek on Green Lane Drive in Lower Allen Township
Location - Cumberland and York Counties, Pennsylvania
Status - Open to traffic
History - Built 1889
Builder - Dean & Westbrook
Design - Pratt through truss
Dimensions - 
Span length: 132.9 ft.
Total length: 132.9 ft.
Deck width: 16.2 ft.

Etters Bridge

Etters Bridge

Etters Bridge plaque

No comments:

Post a Comment