Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Why I live in the Harrisburg, PA area


Adventures on the Water

Often people ask why I live in the Harrisburg, PA area. 
This map should explain it. 

These are waterways I kayak often.

Conodoguinet Creek

Yellow Breeches Creek
Swatara Creek
Sherman Creek
Juniata River
Susquehanna River


These moving waterways are all within a 45 minutes drive of where I live in the suburbs of Harrisburg on the west shore. I have access to over 150 miles of paddling fun that can be broken into various sections. 

Who needs to go miles away for some relaxation? I can get it within a 10 to 45 minute drive. If I add another 30 minutes I have access to another handful of waterways: Monocacy River, Conococheague Creek, West Branch Conococheague Creek, Antietam Creek, Schyulkill River and more sections of the Juniata and Susquehanna Rivers.

Get out and enjoy nature!

If you don't have your own gear I recommend these outfitters: 
Susquehanna Outfitters in Harrisburg, PA
www.susquehannaoutfitters.com/
717-503-0066
Blue Mountain Outfitters in Marysville, PA
www.bluemountainoutfitters.net/
717-957-2413

Come back for future posts on water levels, shuttling tips and gear for sale.

1 comment: